Saturday, December 5, 2015

Limited Edition Scarf




Over the past month, I've been working on a new scarf pattern. I decided that instead of finding a pattern off the internet or out of a book, I would make my own design. I enjoy a challenge, and this one I was able to conquer.

I am only planning on making a total of 5 (maybe a few more depending on the amount of response I receive) with the price set at $25 each. I decided that I would share the pattern for others to attempt if they wish.

Hook: Size H

Stitches: hdc = half double crochet
               dc = double crochet
               ch = chain
      Note: skipping 1 stitch creates a hole. Yarn will be weaved through these holes and creates                          fringes at the ends.

Start with 25 chains. I find that I have very tight stitching, so gauge the number to chains to a 6 inch width.

Row 1: do the entire row in hdc
Row 2: 4 dc, ch 1, skip 1 stitch, 9 dc, ch 1, skip 1 stitch, 9 dc, ch1, skip 1 stitch, and finish the row              with 5 dc
Row 3: 9 dc, skip 1 stitch, 9 dc, skip 1 stitch, and finish the row with 10 dc

Repeat steps 1-3 until you have made the scarf to the desired length.

Now that the scarf part is finished, find a type of yarn that you would like to use for fringes. Using three strands of the yarn, weave it in and out of the holes, tie knots at the ends of the scarf, and even up the fringes.

Congratulations! You now know the pattern for this beautiful scarf, so why not give it a try?

1 comment:

  1. Another thing that I really like about your blog is that it provides a platform for you to show your creativity.

    ReplyDelete